We are filling a Senior Software Engineer (C++) in the MedTec area for our client, a Swiss IT service provider (>25 yrs on the market, >800 employees, 18 locations worldwide).
- Strengthening the software team within an interdisciplinary department of software, electronics, mechanical and test engineers. In this challenging position, the candidate will have the opportunity to develop Instrument Control software, Service software and Instrument Management SW.
- Highly motivated individual, who is both, deadline focused and thorough in the approach to work
- The Instrument Control software is real-time in nature and is developed in C++ using an existing real-time framework with low-level hardware drivers and is tested using both real and simulated hardware and it is Event-Driven Architecture.
- Parttime remote work is possible. Complete work from home is not possible as the person has to come to the campus to execute his code on the instrument from time to time and work together with the manual tester on the instrument to verify the fixed defect or user story or a feature
- Total capacity: ideally 100% (min. 80%)
- Proactive participation in all phases of software development from feasibility studies through design, development, testing and bug fixing and maintenance
- Collaboration within the Scrum-Teams
- Independent interaction with internal framework manufacturers
- Based on requirements and models, definition of software architecture, design and specifications, ultimately leading to implementation
- Participation in the definition of work packages, their estimation and planning in a sprint-based agile environment
- Adherence to a software development process including contribution to written deliverables and documentation
- University education in a software related field such as software or electrical engineering
- Industry experience
- Experience with C++ and Linux -> Must criteria!
- Experience with Linux Dockers
- Basic scripting knowledge would be an advantage
- RabbitMQ knowledge would be an advantage
- Experience with CAN bus
- Event-Driven Architecture knowledge would be an advantage
- First experience working in regulated environments such as the medical device industry -> would be a high +!
- Highly motivated with focus on deadlines and a proactive and thorough way of working
- Fluent in English and German is advantageous -> Englisch is 1st prio
- Developers with an interest in interdisciplinary and hardware focused applications as well as electronic engineer with a strong background and interest in software development
- Excellent communication and team working skills, flexibility, willingness to write good documentation and the drive to bring a product to its conclusion
Our client offers you an international working environment, values your motivation at work and is happy to give you responsibility. The company give you a lot of freedom to bring in your own ideas within the projects. When challenges arise, it will be there to support you. It supports your personal development in the company according to your needs and wishes - with a personal development plan, continuous exchange in communities and the internal Development Days, professional training and a team that is helpful and enthusiastic. Our clients knows that your talent and drive will help to move forward and is are a partner employer with an open ear and a lively "we" culture.